One of the most common house-hold injuries, especially among children are burns. Burns are categorized by severe skin damage that causes the affected skin cells to die. Many people can recover from these burns without serious health affects, depending on the cause and degree of injury.
There are 3 levels of burns:
- First Degree Burns : red, non-blistered skin
- Second Degree Burns : blisters and some thickening of the skin
- Third Degree Burns : widespread thickness with a white leathery appearance
Major Causes of Burns
- Scalding from hot. Boiling liquids
- Chemical Burns
- Electrical Burns
- Fires including flames from candles, matches etc
- Excessive Sun Exposure
Prevention From All Burns
You need to prevent the burns from occurring. Here are some more points to look at:
- Keep children out of the kitchen while cooking.
- Measure bath water temperature before use.
- Lock up matches and lighters.
- Check and discard electrical cords with exposed wires.
- Keep chemicals out of reach, and wear gloves during chemical use.
It’s important to gain adequate physical treatment for burns as soon as possible. Summit Urgent Care offers treatment for various burns as well as the pain that comes with it. Come walk in our clinic for treatment, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.